Anna Rabin, Consultant
- 07970 275222
- Team:Commercial Property
Anna is a specialised non-contentious construction and engineering consultant in the Commercial Property Team at Trethowans. She qualified in 1998 and was a Partner and Head of Construction and Engineering at West End firm Jeffrey Green Russell before joining Trethowans in 2011.
Anna‘s practice focuses on the law relating to construction and engineering. Acting for a broad range of clients – developers, contractors, sub-contractors, consultants, purchasers, tenants and funds – she advises on all aspects of the documentation used in construction projects, including building contracts, professional appointments, collateral warranties, bank and surety bonds, insurance issues and on the construction aspects of development, lease and funding agreements. Anna's expertise and opinion in her specialist areas have frequently been sought by the professional press and by leading publishers. She has written for construction, engineering and legal journals and is a key contributor to the 2004 reissue of Volume 5 (Building and Engineering Contracts) of the Encyclopaedia of Forms and Precedents and to the 2006 reissue of Volume 38(1) and the 2007 reissue of Volume 38(3) (Sale of Land) of the same publication (LexisNexis Butterworths).
Anna is a member of the Society of Construction Law (SCL) and of the Technology and Construction Solicitors Association (TeCSA). Anna is also retained by the College of Law to teach construction master-classes to junior construction lawyers.
Examples of how Anna has helped client include:
- Acting for a major lending institution lending £7m on a residential development comprising social and private housing.
- Acted for a JV Partner in respect of its involvement with the Lee Valley Sewage Replacement System during the tender period and post appointment of the JV as preferred bidder.
- Acted for a major lending institution on a £44m refinancing facility involving the development of 8 residential care homes
- Acted for a specialist contractor engaged under an NEC3 contract with the Olympic Delivery Authority in respect of discrete elements of the contract, which concerned the contractor’s intellectual property rights.
- Acted on behalf of a major bank lending funds to the developer of a mixed development scheme comprising the construction of three multi storey buildings incorporating 1,105 square metres of commercial space and 90 flats with car and cycle parking, amenity and public open space together with all associated works.
- Acted for the developer of a site in North London developing, on behalf of its tenant, a six storey hotel.
- Acted for the owners of a football club in respect of the development of a new all-seater football stadium together with associated external works car parking, coach parking, external concourse and landscaping plus associated statutory services supplies and connections.
- Acted for both purchasers and contractors buying or building residential homes on individual plots.
Away from the office...
Anna enjoys going to the gym, scuba diving, travel and spending time with her family and friends.