Bethany Blamire, Partner
- 023 8082 0549
- 07500 935 694
- Team:Insurance Litigation
Bethany is a Partner in the Insurance Litigation Team. She qualified as a solicitor in 2005, joined Trethowans as an Associate in November 2010 and was made a Senior Associate in April 2014. Bethany deals with all aspects of personal injury law acting for UK and European insurers, businesses and individuals including high value and complex cases.
Bethany has been appointed to the Law Society’s Personal Injury panel.
Bethany’s work predominantly involves defending motor claims, however she also handles employers’ liability and public liability claims for domestic insurers. Bethany has recently had a number of successes in fully defending claims at trial, and in achieving significant adverse costs orders against claimants on issues of conduct.
Bethany has been recognised by Chambers (2018) as "up and coming"
Legal 500 (2017) have also recognised Bethany as ‘realistic’ and ‘quick to grasp the issues in even the most specialist technical matters’
Examples of how Bethany has helped clients include:
- Bethany has defended numerous claims for personal injury, achieving significant reductions in quantum on the sums claimed. In a recent case she achieved a saving of over 86% on the pleaded value of the claim, leading the client to proclaim: "Wow and wow! That really is what I call an excellent result and very well done."
- Where appropriate Bethany has robustly maintained denials of liability and has successfully defended claims at trial, achieving significant savings and costs awards in the Defendants’ favour.
- She has been thanked by her clients for her time and diligence, with one client commenting: "Your help and assistance has been invaluable in getting us through all the difficulties encountered and in achieving a spectacular result at the end of the day."
- She has been described by clients as doing "a first rate job" and praised for achieving excellent results on challenging cases.
Away from the office …
Bethany has a black belt in taekwondo and enjoys adventure travel. She has dived with sharks, travelled down the Amazon on an onion barge, and thrown herself off a bridge in the world’s highest bungee jump. She has recently survived plummeting towards earth at 120 mph in a charity skydive, and is currently planning her next expedition.
In her spare time, Bethany is a keen pianist, loves cooking and is a "killer sudoku" junkie.
- All aspects of Defendant work
- Road Traffic Accidents, including claims of the utmost severity
- Public Liability
- Occupiers’ Liability
- Employers’ Liability
- Abuse in Care claims