Jennifer Bowes, Associate
- 023 8082 0512
- Team:Commercial Litigation
Jennifer handles a wide range of commercial disputes, acting for both Claimants and Defendants. Jennifer’s work in the Litigation Team covers contract disputes, debt recovery, professional negligence claims, intellectual property matters and passing off, breach of confidence, defamation, insolvency issues (mainly winding up and bankruptcy proceedings) as well as insolvency related litigation, partnership disputes, shareholder disputes, franchise disputes and warranty claims. Jennifer advises on various enforcement action that can be taken to recover outstanding Judgment debts, injunction applications and bank guarantee claims. Jennifer can assist with construction disputes (including adjudications). Jennifer has experience of acting for both businesses and individuals in mediation, adjudication, county court and high court proceedings.
Examples of how Jennifer has helped clients:
- Settled court proceedings in favour of Remix Dry Mortar Limited in relation to outstanding invoices where the Defendant was claiming the product was not of satisfactory quality/fit for purpose.
- Successfully settled a claim in the Claimant’s favour against a company for non-payment of his invoices for consultancy services.
- Settled professional negligence claim against bank in client’s favour for mis-administering a pension trust resulting in an additional tax liability (value circa £250,000).
- Successfully settled court proceedings against project manager for damage to property caused by subcontractor at a newly renovated London property.
- Successfully settled court proceedings in favour of the client claimant subcontractor company to the value of over £50,000.
- Won case at a three day trial on behalf of the Defendant Oxford Radcliffe NHS Trust. Obtained court orders for costs in full in costs proceedings through the court and recovered those costs from the individual by way of a third party debt order, charging order, and instalments arrangement.
- Restored companies to the register through Part 8 court proceedings in order to bring claims/recover monies which have been transferred to the crown (bona vacantia).
- Settled several interest rate swap claims on behalf of individuals in the region of £200,000
- Recovered company debt plus legal costs from two individuals under personal guarantees on behalf of a Spanish Company.
- Recovered debt in full after obtaining judgment on behalf of Claimant, the Westbury Hotel Limited of over £100,000.
- Settled case after mediation in favour of Claimant company in relation to recovering a recruitment fee where the interpretation of the contract clause was disputed.
- Settled case in client’s favour against an employee who had taken customer data in breach of confidence.
- Successfully recovered debts after issuing bankruptcy/winding up proceedings
- Advised on franchise disputes.
Away from the office...
Outside of work, Jennifer is a keen swimmer and sailor.