Kimberley Davies, Senior Associate
- 01202 339028
Kimberley is a senior associate and family mediator, specialising in all aspects of family law. She qualified in 2009 and joined Trethowans in May 2017.
Kimberley has a wide range of experience in dealing with all aspects of family law including divorce and dissolution, children law matters (including complex contact disputes and allegations of harm), financial cases (including cases where there are family businesses, substantial pension assets and inherited wealth), pre-nuptial agreements, separation agreements and cohabitation agreements and disputes.
In addition Kimberley has expertise on advising people about the legal issues they should consider when embarking on assisted reproduction, including donor agreements, co-parenting agreements and surrogacy (both in the UK and abroad). Kimberley also has experience in private law adoptions, both domestic and international.
Kimberley is the vice-chair of Dorset Resolution and as a member of Resolution she subscribes to a code of conduct which encourages a non-confrontational approach to family problems.
Kimberley is supportive and approachable and will always put her client’s interests first. She will keep her clients informed throughout and will be proactive in achieving the desired outcome as efficiently as possible.
Examples of how Kimberley has helped clients
- Successfully negotiated a financial settlement following an acrimonious divorce in circumstances where court proceedings had at times appeared inevitable.
- Helping a parent obtain a child arrangements order that the children live with them following a long running case in which the children had previously lived with the other parent for many years.
- Assisting a number of clients in mediation to reach their own solution to the issues that had arisen following their separation, including both children and financial issues
- Successfully helping an English couple obtain a parental order in respect of their biological children who were conceived in California with the assistance of a surrogate.The couple were out of time as the children were 12 and 13 but a parental order was still obtained.
Away from the office...
Away from the office Kimberley loves to socialise with family and friends and regularly entertains. She enjoys spending as much time as possible at local beaches with her young daughter but likes to explore sunnier climates as often as she can.
- Relationship breakdown
- Divorce and separation
- Financial provision
- Children Matters
- Donor conception
- Domestic and international surrogacy
- Mediation and other methods of alternative dispute resolution