Mark Nixon, Partner
- 01202 338556
- 07881 343970
Mark is a corporate finance lawyer, advising on mergers and acquisitions, private equity investments, share option schemes and corporate, partnership and limited liability partnership restructuring.
Mark qualified in 2008 and joined Trethowans in December 2016, having previously been an Associate in the corporate team at Blake Morgan LLP.
Mark is based in the firm’s Poole office.
Examples of recent transactions Mark has worked on include:
- Advising the shareholders of a private limited company operating in the education sector on its sale and equity rollover;
- Acting for a New York stock exchange listed group, providing corporate governance and restructuring advice to its UK legal counsel;
- Advising a higher education provider on a number of strategic acquisitions, including the acquisition of a specialist electronics school and a serviced office space to provide support for start-ups;
- Acting for a registered charity on the acquisition of an internationally recognised awarding organisation and examination body;
- Acting for a number of owner managed businesses providing support on all of their corporate affairs, including corporate governance, shareholder and third party investment and any acquisitions or disposals;
- Advising a number of private and public companies on share/employee incentive arrangements, including EMI options; and
- Acting for a family owned removals business operating in both the domestic and international markets on a number of key acquisitions.
Away from the office:
Mark is a keen cyclist, but generally enjoys all sports including football and rugby to name just a few.
Mark has also participated in a number of sporting events for charity including a row around the Isle of Wight to raise funds for the Piam Brown Ward at Southampton General Hospital.
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Joint ventures/ shareholder agreements
- Share options including EMI options
- Company law and group re-organisations.